December 17, 2010

My guilty pleasure...

I have always been an avid reader and growing up in the late 80's and early 90's the Babysitter's Club was my favorite. I joined they Babysitter's Club Club and I got a book every month and details on how to start my own Babysitter's Club.

I guess I really like the BSC books because I really wanted to have friends like that. I however had friends that liked me when it was convenient for them and they always seemed to know I was different than them no matter how hard I tried to pretend I wasn't. Its okay though because they are all probably still in the same town and I have a wonderful life.

Anyways I think this explains why, every year, I still watch the Babysitter's Club Christmas Special. I got the vhs as part of the club and I think I wore it out.

So this is my guilty pleasure, except I don't feel so guilty.


2 comments:

  1. ooohhhhh, there was a Christmas special???
    Must watch it :)

    I was just like you...dreaming of my own babysitting club with cool friends and everything. Good memories!

    Have a lovely evening. xox

    Oh, and so nice that you had a pet squirrel. My husband had a pet pigeon but this is so not as nice as a pet squirrel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we too old to start a 30-something trans-Atlantic babysitter's club? Hehe.

    A pet pigeon is pretty cool though. I always find the skinny one that looks like it is picked on by the other pigeons and that's the one I feed.

    ReplyDelete