January 15, 2015

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye....



This is the end, beautiful friend

There are too many songs about saying adieu aren't there. Well this will be my last ever post on blogger. I have spent many a month fighting with the stupid cms to try and get my photos to look okay and you know there is only so much I can do before I start pulling my hair out.

So I've taken the step to transfer all my posts (five years worth!) over to my new blog on Wordpress. It is actually really simple to do this. It literally took minutes to get my posts up, but there is a lot of tweaking to be done to get the posts to look good. I've gone back through most of my posts (well back to 2013 at least) and I'm quite pleased with how its coming out.

If you are thinking of leaving blogger I can really recommend Wordpress. I use the content management system as a basis for my photography website and I find it so much easier to use for these reasons:

-The dashboard is easier to work with
-It gives you more control over design
-You can actually tag items
-You can get some nice looking themes (for free!)
-Photos are soooo much easier to resize

I do a bit of coding for my main website so I find it quite easy to fix little things here and there but if you don't know how, Wordpress is still pretty easy to use.

So anyways, my blog lives on here www.agirlnamedsu.com.

Adios muchacho

No comments:

Post a Comment