January 27, 2012

Slouchy Knit Hat


Just reading my last post I'm astonished I let my guard down long enough to be optimistic. That lasted exactly five days. Then my company announced redundancies, three of which are in the photo department. Two solid weeks of pure stress over the future of my job and three to four weeks of painful side affects to my long sustained, yet stress induced acid reflux aside and my job is safe... for now.

Its scary how quickly things can go from being okay to being fraught with fear. I am no longer optimistic. I am content but I am not going to allow myself to get my hopes up again. Silly, silly me.

In the meantime I've been crocheting a cushion, cutting out a dress pattern (the power cord to my sewing machine is lost among all the boxes still unpacked from our move) and knitting a hat. It seems a long time since my last knitting project. I did throw together a quick seed stitch scarf for Billy but I never got around to adding it to the blog. He doesn't wear it because he thinks it's too big so I'll probably frog it anyways.

PS the rest of my NYC photos are up on Flickr now. I'm trying to get back into the habit of adding things in a timely fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment