May 8, 2012

Chair Makeovers

I meant to post this ages ago but well I forgot. Oops. My friend Debbie came last weekend for a visit form Edinburgh and in our fervor to prepare for her royal visit Billy and I needed to tick a few boxes on our to do lists.

At one of my first assignments at my job last year I bought two chairs from a community centre for £2. It was a score as I only had an air mattress at that point. Then a few months ago, my work was having a clear out and I found two orange school chairs by the skip. So we neglected these ugly chairs for ages despite the fact we even purchased paint for them at Homebase.

So Eek Dib Dob was coming and we went into super drive and painted all four, plus our balcony table, and even covered the seats of the wood chairs. Success! Except, well, we used spray paint inside due to the weather and even though we put down a drop cloth we sufficiently coated out laminate floor in a thin sheen of red. Uh. Yeah, we have been mopping with mineral spirits and most of it is coming up but I fear we will be finding red for months.

So if you pair our chairs with our £4 Edwardian pub table, we spent a whopping £6 on our dining room furniture. I'm pretty chuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment