February 28, 2013

Developing B&W Negatives


I finally purchased the chemicals I needed to develop black and white negatives. On Monday I processed a roll of 35 mm from a trip to Cambridge last year and two medium format rolls shot with my Hasselblad a few weekends ago in Felixstowe.

When I was a teenager, developing negatives was my least favorite part of hand development. The agitation with my old tanks used to do my head in but now I have better tanks and all, with darkroom gear super cheap these days, I have all the bells and whistles to make it a bit easier. And now with the stopwatch feature on my iPhone its a cinch. I'm even thinking about putting together a basic tutorial on how-to develop the negs for my photo blog.

You can see the rest on my photo website or on Flickr.

***

Also, my quilt is nearing completion. I had to wait ages for my walking foot to come in at my local sewing shop and I ordered my wadding (or batting in the US) on line. Now all I need is my backing material and thread, which I'm hoping to pick up this weekend.

I think I am going to end up getting plain white backing material as I can't find any fabric used in the patchwork that is wide enough (or cheap enough) and I'm still not sure how I will bind it. Hopefully it will be done soon and I will have a lovely post for my neglected blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment