October 18, 2010

Baked Project #11




We had a fruit basket full of apples that weren't going to be eaten, so before they rotted I decided to make an apple crisp (my husband calls it an apple crumble). The recipe was perfect. We both really liked it. The only thing I did differently than the recipe was to toss the apple slices in a bit of white sugar and cinnamon as I remember my mom doing that for apple pie.

I made it again on Sunday because baking is something I do to relax and stop thinking about bad things. I found out my co-worker was struck by a lorrie while walking home on Saturday night and well I was real sad. The second apple crisp didn't come out great because my heart wasn't really in it.

But now Billy is eatting the leftover and he is quite happy and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment