February 27, 2011

Coming into the light...



After last week's illness I was very eager to get out of our flat and enjoy the glorious weather. During the winter it gets dark at 3 in the afternoon and it seems in the last few weeks that it is now closer to 6pm, which is what it is like back home in Florida.

This makes me very happy because when you have to work your day around a certain amount of light it can be frustrating. During the "summer" it doesn't really get dark at all and at midnight you can still see light in the sky. Its a bizarre place and I am slowly acclimatizing. Slowly.

Anyway, this weekend Billy and I packed our lunches and took off in the car to North Berwick, one of our favorite sea-side retreats. It was such a beautiful, bright and sunny day that I didn't want to go home. I am so happy that the worst of winter is behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment